document.write(" AIA" width="110" height="156" />Lawrence Maxwell, AIA, President and principal architect of Spacecoast Architects, P.A. is the former Director of the State of Florida's Building Design Assistance Center at the Florida Solar Energy Center, and is a nationally recognized expert in the area of hot-humid climate design. Mr. Maxwell's experience and expertise have earned him invitations to provide educational and informational presentations across the country and the Caribbean. He has - and continues to provide expert advice and consultation on issues of environmental design and energy efficiency to private and governmental agencies, including the State of Florida's Department of Management Services, the Florida Department of Education, and numerous local governments, cities, and school boards.
- 2010 – The Florida Association of the American Institute of Architects
The Anthony Pullara Individual Honor Award
For Outstanding Service to AIA Florida which is over and above that normally required of a member of the AIA.
- 2009 – The American Institute of Architects – Housing & Custom Residential Knowledge Community
2009 Green Housing Award
1950’s Mid-Century Modernist Icon Re-Greened (Paul Rudolph Designed House Renovation)
- 2008 – 10th Annual Sustainable Florida Best Practice Awards – Awarded by Florida Governor Crist & The Century Commission for a Sustainable Florida
Sustainable Green Building Best Practice Award
- 2007 – The Florida Association of the American Institute of Architects
For dedication to AIA Florida through adverse conditions.
- 2004 – The Spacecoast Chapter of the American Institute of Architects
Merit Award for Design
For the design of 50,000sf Odyssey Charter School
- 1982 – The Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture
Design + Energy 1982 National Student Design Competition Second Place Design Award
Juried by Sarah P Harkness, FAIA; Douglas Kelbough, AIA; Paul A Kennon, FAIA; Edward Mazria, AIA; Robert A M Stern, AIA.